TODAY IN CLASS WE. . . .
- Got UP pgs 31-36 stamped
- Went over UP pgs 31-36
- Did the moth and tree bark lab
UP PGS 31-36-
So these pages were pretty much more practice with the Hardy Weinberg equilibrium problems. We started them in class yesterday and reviewed them today. Yesterday Sophia was the scribe and she put up a really good post about how to solve these problems if your still confused. The main thing you need to figure out with these word problems is just what = q/p/q2/etc... After that you just need to plug in the numbers to solve for the other variables and/or fill in your Punnet Square.
MOTH/TREE BARK LAB-
This lab demonstrated natural selection/evolution in action. To do this lab we...
- Chose A type of "bark" (a bark background printed on paper) either light, medium or dark. Then some members of the group...
- Put five of the light and dark "moths" (smaller bark printouts) onto the paper while one group member had their back turned. Then that group member...
- Turned around and picked up the first moths they saw in 6 seconds. We then...
- Recorded the number of each type of moth left on the paperbark times by 2. This was our "second generation" and we once again placed the "moths" on the "bark" and ran the test for the 2nd and 3rd "generations"
- Review Hardy Weinberg problems
- Read CH 15 p. 297-302
- QUIZ coming.....study
NEXT SCRIBE- ***SIDDHARTH***